Sunday, March 13, 2011

Family

It is very important to keep in touch with family especially as we get older. I just sent an email to my brother in England and I have two more emails to send today: my niece (one of two) in England and my nephew in Australia, then to the snail mail for a letter to my sister in England. I find it very comforting when I have sent these emails/letter and I anxiously wait for the replies.

Spring is starting to be evident as I walk my canine friend, Monte. We see the daffodils blooming and on a rare occasion someone has planted crocuses. I do miss walking in the woods (my childhood in England) and seeing the primroses and bluebells growing wild for everyone to pick.

My husband and I were having dinner with some friends this past Thursday and I was telling the friend's wife how sad it is that a lot of children in Los Angeles haven't even seen a "real" cow/lamb/pig. I realize how lucky I was to grow up in the "time" I did and in the country. Everything was so much easier for children, we were able to be "children". No pressure from our peers, drugs were not readily available and gangs were not so prevalent although they did exist.

Well I must get back to the present. My thoughts and prayers go out to the people affected by this latest disaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment