Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Ah, A Dog's Life!!!

My dog, Monte does not get very excited or show emotion about anything. When do we know he is excited, he dances in circles otherwise known as his “happy dance”. These are the only times he does this.
• Seeing his leash and knowing he is going for a walk or just out.
• Seeing a dog that he likes.
• That “special” blue bag; he cannot see the color but he somehow recognizes “that” bag.
That bag is his overnight bag. When my husband goes out of town and is able to take Monte with him I pull out the “special” bag and he sits and watches me while I pack it. He knows he is going on a trip. The trips are mostly to Palm Springs in California; Monte loves Palm Springs, it is very dog friendly. My husband usually will get a room on the lower level with sliding glass doors opening onto the grass area surrounding the pool. Monte loves to run on the grass then he will lie down in the sun and soak up the rays. The pool – forget it he doesn’t like water. If he is out walking and someone’s sprinklers are on, he wants to cross the street to avoid the water. He will lie by the pool if my husband decides to go for a swim.
Monte’s overnight bag contains of course his food and “goodies”. A must is his suntan lotion – oh yes dogs do get sunburned, his sun visor and of course his sun goggles. I haven’t told him yet but tomorrow his bag is coming out of the cupboard as he is going on a trip.

Talk again real soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment