Thursday, March 22, 2012

What a nice surprise

I have just finished reading a very exciting book called "Once On A Cold and Grey September" written by Brendan Gerad O'Brien. This is a MUST read; although some details may be a little upsetting to some, especially people in the UK who are of an age that they remember the happenings of World War II. I chose to read this particular book, not just for the subject matter but - call me strange - September was the month one of my sisters was born. This particular sister also lived in Los Angeles (close by)sadly she passed away very suddenly December of 2004.

My surprise: I logged onto the website for Brendan and left a comment on the book, lo and behold I received a PERSONAL email in return from him; I replied to his email enquiring about a sequel to the above mentioned book and he informed me by return email he is working on one!!!! My reply email to Brendan included links to a couple of articles I had written for a community website where I lived in England before immigrating to the United States and a link to my blog. Brendan read my blog which in one of them I mentioned my book and he thought it was great that I was also an "author".

Well duty calls; namely Monte my dog who needs me to take him for a walk.

TTFN

Toni

No comments:

Post a Comment