Thursday, December 10, 2020

Back again!!

 Well, once again I am back.  Due to the current situation with Covid nothing of real interest is happening/

I do not get any visitors I think because of my age etc., most people say they don't want to take a chance on passing anything along to me.  I should be thankful for this however it does get a little "lonely" just "talking" via text.  The texts are few and far between as how much can you say in a text. I do see neighbors when I walk up to the mailroom to get my mail and have a few words other than that I "talk" to the TV!

Well, let's see what I have been doing: As I don't drive my neighbor(she shares my name) took me to four necessary medical check ups - these are done every two years and unfortunately this happened to be the "two year" mark. I was able to get several of the tests done at one time cutting down on trips. Fortunately all tests came out well.

One exciting trip was to get my eyes checked as it had been two years plus I wanted to get new frames. I got frames two years ago but over the years I had come not to like the style. Anyway, I was able to get an appointment the day after Thanksgiving however it was at a location eight miles away. My appointment was at 11:25am so my neighbor and I left at 10:15am. I had looked online to check the directions to the location. My neighbor put the address in her phones GPS and connected it to the car radio. We realized after leaving our building that the "person" was not talking to give us directions. Neither of us had bothered to print out the directions as we were relying on the GPS. We were traveling in an area that was surrounded by mountains and realized we couldn't get a signal. After driving for approximately 30 minutes we noticed the street sign showed we were in the town on the other side of where we had to go. By this time it was 11:15am. We went back the way we came and stopped in a shopping mall in the town where the eye doctor was located, the third person we asked for directions was able to help. I told my neighbor that just take me home and I would call and reschedule my appointment but she said no we would give it one last try as we didn't have anything else to do. Well we finally found the medical building which was "hidden" with trees and backed up onto some hills. Now it was 12:00pm, I entered through the main door of the building and went through the usual (now standard) Covid check then back to the doctor's office. I was talking to the reception and figuring out when to make my rescheduled appointment when a young man came out from the back area and said he would take me so I was able to see the doctor, get new frames and was out by 1:00pm. There was nobody waiting in the Optometry area - I think I caught them either on the staff's lunch break or just after. Anyway now waiting to get the call that my glasses are ready for pick up. My neighbor and I said we have decided to take the "scenic" route!!

One last story and I will let you go.  When I got my hair cut in September my hairdresser said she would text me the end of November for my next appointment. As I didn't hear from her by December 1st I texted her.  We set up an appointment for December 8th, this would give her time to get a baby sitter for her two girls - that weekend there were talks that we would go into another "lock down" for non essential services which included hair salons. Sure enough Sunday I got a text cancelling my appointment. I decided to cut my hair myself; I keep my hair short as it gets really curly/frizzy when longer, so I just cut the sides up and around my ears then cut the back - I surprised myself it actually turned out looking pretty decent. Oh yeah.

Well that's enough chit-chat for now. 

Will talk later - not sure when!!



No comments:

Post a Comment