Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Sad day

 Today I lost a friend to Covid complications.

You will all know him as Trini Lopez of "If I had a Hammer" fame and the "Dirty Dozen".

My late husband John always "dabbled" in the entertainment business and my husband became acquanted with Trini, this was the beginning of 2000. I was introduced to Trini on a weekend trip to Palm Springs that same year. Our friendship continued over the years.

In 2005 my husband and I rescued a dog; mixture Jack Russell and Norwich terrier.  The rescue foundation had already named him Monte so we decided to keep the name.  Shortly after getting Monte we all made a trip to Palm Springs to see Trini who decided to call Monte - Junior.  

We spent several Thanksgivings with Trini as he always left shortly after Thanksgiving to drive to Texas to be with his family for Christmas and New Years.

Sadly my husband passed away January 2, 2015 (2 days after our 38th Wedding Anniversary) and Monte passed February 6th, 2017.

I had not heard from Trini in several years. In researching last year I found that his house was for sale. Yesterday, August 10th 2020, I decided to check online to see if the house had been sold. I also made up my mind to either email Trini this weekend or to send him a card to let him know I was thinking of him. Imagine my surprise/shock when a friend texted me this afternoon 11th (he was also acquanted with Trini) and told me that Trini had passed.

God bless you Trini you are certainly sleeping with the Angels.




No comments:

Post a Comment