Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Finding "old" friends

I recently was doing some research for a book I am writing about my childhood memories growing up in England. I thought it would be a good idea to include the history of the places I lived. One place mentioned in my blog "Small World" was Paulton. I contacted the historical society for Paulton to find out about the house I lived in. I had been told quite a few years ago by relatives that a childhood friend and her husband had purchased the house. Anne the lady from the historical society said my friend still lived there and they were friends. Anne lived in the house behind the one I lived in. Anne also sent me a copy of an article my friend had written regarding the history of "our" house to include the names of my god parents who owned it at the time I lived there (this was right after the war). I am hoping Anne will let my friend know that I was making enquiries and hopefully I will hear from my friend.

Talking about "old" friends. I don't really do much with Facebook but a couple of days ago I found a friend I worked with approximately 17 years ago. This is one young lady I can truly say was/is a friend and I am looking forward to receiving an email from her with the updates in her life.

No comments:

Post a Comment