Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Family History

I have had a lot of fun these past few weeks. I had a small article published in a community paper in the UK where I spent part of my childhood.

I put aside writing my murder mystery and started writing about growing up in the UK. I have done a lot of research on the places I lived and in doing so have connected with people in those areas and some I knew as a child. I thought adding "a little" history on the places would be interesting to the reader. The history on most of the places goes back to AD43 but I will not "bore" the reader with too much history.

Another exciting happening was I was friended on Facebook by my nephew, his wife and their two children. As I have said before, it is good to keep in touch with family.

I have also been making a family tree and possibly have connected with some "long lost" relatives. We are all Londoners and most of us were evacuated during the war and then lost touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment