Thursday, July 7, 2011

Family findings

I have finally connected with a relative on my Dad's side of the family. She is the grand daughter of one of my Dad's brothers (my Uncle). I know this for a fact, not just because of the names in her family tree but a photo she has attached to her grand father's information. The photo is identical to a photo I have and similar to one my oldest brother used to carry in his wallet. I never met any of my Dad's or Mum's brothers and sisters. Everyone says it is because of WWll that everyone drifted apart. It appears that most of my parents siblings stayed in the London area.

My "immediate" family is quite large; brother, sister, nieces, nephews, great nieces and nephews, even some great, great nieces and nephews. Unfortunately they are in England and Australia therefore I don't get to see them, thank goodness for email. I am seriously thinking about connecting to Skype, but then I would have to get the family to do the same.

I am still writing my book while researching my family history. My book will probably be a few more months in the making; every time I either talk to or get an email from family members, another piece of my memory gets "jogged" and gives me more information for my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment