Sunday, July 24, 2011

More Memory Joggers

Friday I received an envelope from one of my nieces in England which contained more items/photos to jog my memory.

The envelope included three certificates I had received while in school in 1959. The certificates were from: Pitman Academy, both were for typing - one in the elementary exam and one in the intermediate exam. The third was from The Royal Society of Arts passing the elementary level of typing with credit.

Another item in the envelope was my ration book from WW11, for sweets, tea etc. What memories. My niece also included some copies of old photos she had found. One in particular I was happy to get was of my younger sister Ruth. I believe this was about the only photo of her as she only lived 9 months. Now I have a photo to go on her information page of the family tree.

The above items have now inspired me to "get cracking" on finishing my book. Hopefully this will be done in the next couple of months.

No comments:

Post a Comment