Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Goosebumps upon goosebumps

In researching for my book I decided to get some detailed information on my "high school" called North End Secondary Modern on Leigh Road in Eastleigh, Hampshire, UK. I decided to register with Friends Reunited where I could put in the name of my school and hopefully see some names of people I knew back then. One name has been on my mind since starting my book so I put that name in and SURPRISE it "popped up" showing the school and age which would be correct SO I sent a message. I received a reply to my message and sat with my mouth open and yes, tears in my eyes as the person responding was indeed my old friend and classmate of 45 plus years ago. Even bigger surprise is she has been living in the United States since 1979 in So. Carolina. My friend mentioned a few things in her message that brought back memories I can use in my book. She has our 1959 year book with my signature in the "middle" of the back page. She is emailing me the class picture and back page of the yearbook. I am anxiously waiting for the email and attachments, BOY she will get a very long email reply.

I hope the above makes sense as I am so excited about getting in touch again with a friend.

Now I have to wait for the email. HURRY, HURRY. I am glad I do not have to wait for snail mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment