Sunday, September 11, 2011

Days of Rememberance

Today, 9/11 is indeed a very important, yet sad day of rememberance, my thoughts and prayers go out to the families/friends affected by this tragedy.

Yesterday was also a day of rememberance for me in a different way. I have been emailing back and forth with my UK high school friend since locating her a month ago. I spoke to her on the phone yesterday for an hour and we still didn't get anywhere near making a dent in the "catching up" of the past 50years.

I received the year book pages and recognized names of teachers and some of the classmates. I have to ask my friend about a few of the names I don't recognize. My friend had also sent me a copy of a copy of a photo, which unfortunately was not very clear. We both "think" we recognize ourselves; she is going to check for the original photo. Neither of us recognized others in the photo and we think it was a photo of "prefects" and not of classmates.

We also talked about how sad it is when friends, either from school or workplace part and promise to keep in touch and very rarely do. I have experienced this with many work friends/associates. In this day of the email it wouldn't take but a minute to say "Hi, how are you doing?"

The most important things in life are: Family - Friends and health.

No comments:

Post a Comment