Saturday, December 17, 2011

More family located

Several months ago I corresponded on Genes Reunited with a gentlemen who had posted for information on a person with my mother's name. He allowed me to view his family tree which showed his great grandfathers and great grandmother's names to be the same as my mum's mother and father. In checking further it showed the children of the grandparents to be the same as my mother's siblings. The gentleman then informed me that he had received wrong information; when he checked his grandfather's marriage certificate it showed a different name for his father.

About a month ago I looked and found another gentleman looking for a person with my mother's name. To make this story short he is the brother of the previous gentleman I mentioned and he told me that for some reason his grandfather had put down a wrong name as his father on his marriage certificate. He also checked his grandfather's birth certificate to make sure and it did indeed show his father's name as the same as my mother's father.

These two gentlemen are my mother's great nephews and my 2nd cousins. Hopefully they will keep in touch with me as I want to find out all I can about my mother's life before she married my Dad. I don't know if they can shed any light on that as all of my mother's sibling are deceased; but maybe they will have some "stories" to pass along.

Merry Christmas to everyone and a Happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment