Sunday, January 8, 2012

Wonders of Modern Technology

Ah, modern technology what did we ever do when I was growing up and a teenager without these wonderful "inventions".

New Year's Eve at 6:30pm in Los Angeles, California, I sat at my computer and "up pops" my nephews name in the land of OZ. I clicked on his name and "Viola" there he was in front of me, sitting in his tank top and shorts explaining that it was 41c or 105f at that time 1pm New Year's Day in the land of OZ. My husband and I had the pleasure of seeing my nephew and his wife in 2005 when they stopped briefly in Los Angeles at the end of a vacation. This New Year's Day I was introduced to his children and their children.

I also, with my husband and dog got to see my sister-in-law - I had not seen her since they immigrated to Australia in the 50's. Sadly my brother had died shortly after their arrival in Australia but my sister-in-law is still going strong at 92 years old and she doesn't look/sound or think any different to people I know at the age of 80 years old, God bless her.

Now that I have experienced this I will have to get the rest of my family or at least some of them to invest in a camera for their computer and register with Skype as it is free to register and subsequent calls are also free. WOW what a bargain, talk and see people FREE.

Well must close this as I still need to work on the last chapter of my book, hopefully this will be totally finished in a few months. I also need to send a few emails - another wonder of technology - no need to wait for "snail-mail".

Toodles - will talk again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment