Friday, July 24, 2020

Again I am back

Again I am back after approximately a 4 year absence.

I don't know if I will still have followers, if not this is good therapy in these trying times.

I personally have not been out in the general public and have worn a mask in the senior complex where I live since the middle of January.  I was hospitalized the beginning of January for 10 days for a condition totally unrelated to the flu which was pretty rampant at that time.

March 16th was the day our complex was put on complete "shut down".  Everyone had to wear a mask if they went to the mail room or laundry room and of course follow the distancing rule. This shut down slowed my recovery progress. I had a cleaner come in every other week to do light cleaning in my "very small" apartment.  This help was/is on temporary hold. I had to start doing some housework myself which really set me back on a timely recovery.  I am much better at this time but I still have to be careful and not do too much in one day.

Since January I order my groceries online.  I get them delivered within 2 hours except when everything got a little "crazy" in March, for a few weeks I could only get delivery times scheduled for a couple of days in advance.  I started at that time ordering all of my needs online and getting items delivered.

Finally July 21st a neighbor took me to her hairdressers to get my hair cut. I have naturally curly hair which I keep very short for easy maintenance however it had grown about 4 inches (according to the hairdresser) - I looked like I had been pulled through a hedge backwards. This was a salon that was allowed open as the building had small offices/rooms on both sides of a round corridor. The room was just big enough for me and the hairdresser plus a sink/chair, hairdryer, seat for cutting, small chair and sofa, everything else was set up on shelves around the room with a small TV on one wall.
I thoroughly enjoyed my first "outing", the drive was a little over 30 minutes on the freeway.  It was great to talk to my neighbor and I found out we have quite a few things in common - not just our name.

I will cut this short - didn't mean to make a short story out of it. I will do another "episode" in a couple of days.

Stay well and safe.


No comments:

Post a Comment